Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.  -George Iles

Friday, October 2, 2009

What Causes Insomnia?

Insomnia is the body's way of saying that something isn't right. Things that may cause insomnia include stress, too much caffeine, depression, changes in work shifts, and pain from medical problems, such as arthritis.

Many people have insomnia. People who have insomnia may not be able to fall asleep. They may wake up during the night and not be able to fall back asleep, or they may wake up too early in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Another thing that causes insomnia is temperature! I never realized that it was just too hot for me to sleep until I got a ChiliPad (a mattress pad that lets you cool or heat your bed, mine lets me set any temperature between 46 and 118 degrees) for pain and stiffness from my Fibromyalgia - and it helped me sleep easier and longer when I would cool off my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a neat gadget, thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Which of The Following Do You Have?

What other condition[s] do you have?

Have you ever had the following conditions?

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week, Sept 8-14, 2008 www.invisibleillness.com

I know it's really hard to smile some days, but after watching this video you'll be surprised.

Learn How To Meditate Part 1

Part 2