Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.  -George Iles

Friday, July 3, 2009

Fibromyalgia Survivors Creed

Find joy in each day. There is joy in each day ~ ~

it is up to each of us to overcome our obstacles and find it.

When I find it, I will claim it as my own.

I will feed my soul.
 

Investigate medical developments so that I can be an 
active partner in my treatment

I will not place my well-being in someone else's hands out of ignorance.

I will accept responsibility for myself.
 

Be true to myself above all things.

I can give to others only when I am well.

I will take proper care of myself.
 

Respect the needs of my family, friends and co-workers.

This is not their problem and I cannot force their acceptance or understanding.

I will accept only that support which is offered freely.

But that doesn't mean I have to accept "garbage" from insensitive, uncaring people.

I will stop trying to live up to the unrealistic expectations of other people.
 

Offer support and encouragement to others.

Nobody succeeds on his or her own.

I will be there for others when they need me.
 

Make every day count. My body may refuse to co operate,

but the strength of my mind and spirit cannot be diminished or defeated.

When I cannot do what I would ordinarily choose to do,

I will choose to do something else.
 

Yield to the symptoms of this disease as necessary without

surrendering my life or myself. This disease does not define me.

My life is my own and nothing will diminish my value as a person.

I will guard the essence of myself.
 

Afford myself certain allowances.

I will not pressure myself into performing non-essential functions

when circumstances make them impossible. If they can't wait, I'll ask for help.

I will be my own best friend.


Laugh heartily and often. A light heart is easier to carry.


I will carry only the burdens necessary and dispose of the rest.
 

Give thanks to God for the many blessings He/She has bestowed on me.

And I will look for ~ and be grateful for ~ the hidden blessings of this disease.

I will trust in God.
 

Invest my energy only in positive thoughts, positive actions,

and positive people.  Negativity depletes my reserves. 

I will use my energy in positive ways.
Accept that which I cannot change-but only that which I cannot change.

I will not use this disease as an excuse for failure or for not making a real effort.

I will not give up. I will not be a victim. I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which of The Following Do You Have?

What other condition[s] do you have?

Have you ever had the following conditions?

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week, Sept 8-14, 2008 www.invisibleillness.com

I know it's really hard to smile some days, but after watching this video you'll be surprised.

Learn How To Meditate Part 1

Part 2