Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.  -George Iles

Monday, June 29, 2009

10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Irritable Bowel Syndrome



1.

Could some other condition be causing my IBS symptoms? Make sure to ask about colon cancer.

2.

Should I be keeping an IBS symptom diary?

3.

Should I take laxatives or other over-the-counter medications for my IBS?

4.

If so, what type, how often, and what are the risks?

5.

Should I eat a high-fiber diet?

6.

What other dietary changes do you recommend for IBS, and should I consult a dietitian?

7.

Could relaxation therapy, counseling, or exercise help my IBS symptoms?

8.

Should I take prescription medications for my symptoms?

9.

What side effects should I expect?

10.

How soon should I have a follow-up appointment?


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which of The Following Do You Have?

What other condition[s] do you have?

Have you ever had the following conditions?

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week, Sept 8-14, 2008 www.invisibleillness.com

I know it's really hard to smile some days, but after watching this video you'll be surprised.

Learn How To Meditate Part 1

Part 2