Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.  -George Iles

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Beast Within

What is this thing that lurks inside? 
It steals my body and my mind, 
It leaves me with a fear so strong 
I think and wonder, what is wrong?

I cannot walk the way I should, 
I cannot run, I wish I could. 
My eyes do not see like before, 
I can't remember anymore.
What else will it steal in the morning light? 
I cannot let it, I must fight. 

How can I fight what I cannot see 
This monstrous thing inside of me?
I must go on living and fighting this beast, 
I will never give in, I must not cease. 
Till one day I hear the words, so clear, 
Like an angel whispering in my ear.
Fear not this beast; it will go away. 
There will be a cure one special day. 

So I fight and I wait and I don't give in, 
I wait patiently for this miracle to begin.
I'll run to a field spinning round and round, 
A field of violets that surround. 
I'll lift myself up and run through the trees, 
With a smile on my face, I'm Free, I'm Free!
 by Devera Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which of The Following Do You Have?

What other condition[s] do you have?

Have you ever had the following conditions?

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week, Sept 8-14, 2008 www.invisibleillness.com

I know it's really hard to smile some days, but after watching this video you'll be surprised.

Learn How To Meditate Part 1

Part 2